A friend of mine recently ended a post on her blog with a quote that I put up in my Lamaze classes and was wondering if I knew where it came from. Here you go, Lori…plus some of my other favorites. I have these all printed on white card stock and then on different brightly colored pieces of paper and then laminated, all different sizes. They, plus other different affirmations get rotated throughout each of the four classes.
- Babies are such a nice way to start people! -Don Herrold
- Just as the body knows full well how to make this baby, the body also knows how to birth this baby. -Gayle Peterson
- We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful…It’s that women are strong. -Laura Stavoe Harm
- The future is not something we enter…the future is something we create. -L.I. Sweet
- Trust your body and move to your own rhythms during your labor and you WILL be a powerful being (this one I don’t know who spoke it)
- Just as a woman’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth. -Virginia Di Orio